Friday, September 22, 2006

cravings.....and I'm not pregnant!

So yesterday, I was feeling terrible pretty much all day for lovely girlie reasons. I wasn't really in pain, just feeling uncomfortable. But anyways, when I get like this, I like to eat (and eat and eat and eat..........and so on!). I'm going to be a bad pregnant lady! (NOTE: This is not an announcement of any kind! I'm just saying if and when the time comes.........lol) After dinner last night, I just kept thinking about food and how good certain things would taste. Just kinda thinking about it, and not saying anything out loud.

It got to the point where thinking about it wasn't enough, so I got my shoes and jacket on to go to Walmart. Which my husband thought was extremely weird, but oh well. :) I decided I wanted Coke and Oatmeal Crisp Maple Nut cereal. Now Oatmeal Crisp is my absolute favorite cereal in all the world, and usually any variety will do, but for some reason, I really wanted the Maple Nut kind. Don't ask me why. I got the Coke at Walmart, and then come to find out that they didn't have my cereal in stock!!! They only had the Vanilla Yogurt kind (how dare they?).

After being frustrated (for like two seconds), I didn't even hesitate. I bought the stuff I had in my hands and then was on to the next store in search of the elusive Maple Nut cereal. I think I found it at the third store, and it cost me a dollar more than it would have at Walmart. But what's a girl to do? I pity my poor husband should I ever become pregnant.........I am liable to send him out at all hours of the night for Slurpees and chocolate and who knows what else? :)

Now everything was was all better. I had my cereal and I could forget about my discomfort. Hopefully next time, I'll crave something that we actually have in the house. But I'm not placing any bets.............

4 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

You poor thing!! I can certainly relate to your cravings. I crave really bad the week before my time. I usually crave Krispy Kreme doughnuts or chocolate or ice cream or something. But I usually have to just deal with whatever we have in the house. I'm sorry that you were so uncomfortable. I know how that is...I actually end up down on the couch for two or three days. My monthly is horrible. At least you aren't like that...and I pray you never are. I hope your craving was satisfied and that you felt better...if not physically maybe mentally...LOL!!

Chris said...

Missy,
I was actually going to post something a while ago when I ran across your site a few days ago. I read one of your comments on Rachel's blog and couldn't believe it. Of course I remember the girl I sat next to and gave such a hard time to in high school. What six years can do, wow. Canada? Married? A busy few years. I graduated from a tech school with an Assoc degree in 2003, when Pastor Hammett offered me a job at LVBC and through that, God called me into the ministry. God definitely has been good. I enjoy the work I do allot as well as helping out at EBA (elem. Bible teacher, choir director, etc.). Anyway, I could go on and on. Drop me a line sometime - chrisgable@lvbaptist.org.

Melissa said...

Thanks, Sis Julie! I think the cereal helped, in its own little way. Chocolate is usually good, too!

Melissa said...

hi, Chris! Nice to hear from ya! Yeah, so I'll write more in an email that you should get soon. Bye!