Monday, September 11, 2006

don't forget

Today is September 11, 2006. Five years later. It hardly seems like it could have been that long ago. Five years ago, I was 18 and a freshman in college for just a few days when I heard the news. How unreal it seemed. I watched some of the news reports today on the memorial services, and it still seems a little unreal. I wonder how long it will take before all Americans don't even blink an eye come September 11. Eleven years ago, there was a bombing in Oklahoma City, and I don't remember the last time I heard something about that. I hope I will not forget, I pray I will not forget.

Today, I volunteered at the retirement home. It was nice to see the Canadians remembering this day with moments of silence and such. Then, I took a lady from the retirement home to see World Trade Center tonight. It was the second time I have seen the movie, and was just as touching. Still shocking, still unreal, still very very wrong and very very sad.

Don't forget.

No comments: