Thursday, September 21, 2006

random

Well, I have a feeling that this post is going to be about anything and everything, hence the title. :)

First off, I'm a little frustrated b/c I already wrote this post and it somehow got deleted. Well, probably the more accurate description would be to say that I accidentally deleted it, but I was going to try to let my computer take the blame for my error. :) It's so easy to blame things on inanimate objects (or the cat, for that matter!). Let me see if I can remember what I wrote.

My parents came up to visit this past weekend, which was a very nice time for everyone, I think. They came a little earlier than planned, and were able to say an extra day, so needless to say, I was excited about that. My parents are not the kind of people who could ever wear out their welcome, unless they were to stay for months and months and months or something. Even then, I don't know if I would be sick of them, b/c I just happen to have the absolute best parents! Not that I always thought so, but that's another story for another post. We only have a one-bedroom apartment, so we let them stay in our bedroom and we slept on the sofas. (Okay, there's the reason we might not want them to stay too long!) I am very fortunate that my husband has a great relationship with my parents, so he even took the day off on Monday, and we all hung out together and talked and had fun. I cannot emphasize how blessed I am to have the people God placed as my parents, I could never trade them for anyone. My mama looks to be doing quite well, so thank you to all those who have prayed. She is getting the results of some bloodwork next week, so we shall see. Here is a pic of them.


Other news -- I am still in the quest to find employment. I guess jobs are not that easy to come by around here, at least if you want to work somewhere other than a fast food restaurant. I have dropped my resume by a few places, so I am waiting for call backs. What I really need to do is get moving on getting my nursing application together. I have to send separate forms to Canada, Pennsylvania, and the school where I got my degree from (apparently, I should still be IN school, since I am still ending my sentences with prepositions........lol). And there is a fee just for them to ASSESS your application! It is not a huge amount of money, but it is substantial, so it really makes you think and check and recheck and double check all the information you have written down to be sure it is correct. At any time, they may reject your application, and the fee is nonrefundable, so I am being extra careful. Sometime, I think my life is eating, sleeping, filling out paperwork, and making phone calls..........lol. Okay, it's not THAT bad.

Jamie worked all day yesterday, came home for about 20 minutes, and then headed out for the rest of the evening. So poor me, I was alone most all of the day. When Jamie is gone, I almost NEVER feel like cooking, especially just for me, it seems like such a waste. But I figured I'd better eat something. So my dinner menu was......(drum roll please).....tortilla chips with cheesy salsa, a few pieces of fresh pineapple, and a tangerine-flavored Fun Dip! And the Fun Dip was the best part, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it...........lol. Anyways, I'm sure some of you can relate to not wanting to cook for just yourself. There are some days when the first time I eat anything is when Jamie gets home and we have dinner together. Sometimes I think, what did I do before I got married? Then, oh yeah, it comes to me............Mama cooked for me......lol.

Well, I think there is more to be told, but I will save that for another post.

No comments: