Well, I just thought I would post a little bit about stuff that is going on in our lives lately. God has been so good to us, so I thought I would share.
1) Jamie received a letter last week that he has made it all the way through the application process to become a cadet in the Ontario Provincial Police! Now, he has been put on an eligibility list and could receive an offer of employment at any time. And yes, he is extremely excited! He has wanted this for a long time, and when he gets this position, he will pretty much have a great full-time job for life. It will also mean that he can quit his other job in construction, which is very physically exhausting. Much as we are excited, we are also preparing ourselves for the cut in pay when he takes this job. The end result is good, but the starting salary is a bit less than what he is making now, although see more about that in #2. Here is Jamie in his OPP auxiliary uniform.
2) I should be receiving my work permit in the mail close to any day now! But I don't want to be too excited until it actually arrives, b/c the government is notorious for taking their good old time and holding things back due to inconsequential things. But I think I will really get it, most likely this week. So this will help when we have to take the pay cut at first. I am hoping to get a part-time job just to make some money for my nursing test. And maybe then, hopefully, I will be a nurse by the beginning of 2007. This has been something that I have been waiting for (and not very patiently!) it seems like forever.
3) hmmm, Spencer is Spencer.........tearing up the house and looking cute while doing it. She goes for her second vet visit tomorrow.
4) My mom called the other day, and our wedding album is finally ready! Only over a year later, but hey! I guess it could have been done sooner, but this whole business with living in another country is kind of extenuating circumstances, you might say. Also, the family pictures we had taken in June are done, so we will be getting those as well.
5) I got a new piano keyboard, courtesy of my church. I had this really nice keyboard that I used for a while, but when we moved, for some reason, it would not work properly anymore. So for the time being, I borrowed one to use for practice, but then had to give it back eventually. For a couple months, I didn't have anything at all, and was kind of just winging my way through playing for the services at church. Well, I knew this was not what the Lord wanted, He wanted my best. Our church offered to pay to repair my keyboard, but the store said it would cost $90 just for an estimate! How crazy is that? Our pastor then said to just buy a new keyboard and the church would cover the cost. So now I have a new keyboard and have no excuses for any mistakes on Sunday mornings! :) It is also good, b/c now Jamie and I can practice specials at home again. BONUS -- I wanted to get a stand for it, but they cost about $50 new, so I thought I would look around a bit. I'm glad I did, b/c I found a brand new one on ebay for the low low price of 55 cents!!! We'll see how good it is when it arrives.
6) It was family reunion day on Saturday for James' dad's side of the family. I met tons of new people, b/c most of these people were not able to come to our wedding, since it was in PA. It's crazy marrying into a huge family.......Jamie has like 25 first cousins on his dad's side alone! I think I have seven cousins TOTAL on both sides, so this was a little new for me, but fun!
7) First day of NFL football season is on Thursday! Yes, that is a national holiday in our house. Although I will have to watch the NY Yankees all the way through the playoffs (hopefully)
It seems like there is so much more going on in our lives than this small post. Rest assured, I will think of them and bore you with them later. :) Tonight, Beth is coming over for a girl movie night, so I am making stuffed peppers......yummy PA food!!