Monday, October 2, 2006

October is.....

.....Breast Cancer Awareness Month


I guess to some of you, that doesn't really seem like a big deal. But it is to me. Every day is "awareness day" to me. Every day, I think of my mom.........every day, I look down at the pink band on my arm and think of the thousands and thousands of others.


My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in January of this year. It is really hard for me, so I can only imagine how much harder it must be for her. The hardest part for me is not being able to be there with her. But our God is good and big and strong..........and EVERYWHERE. He is here with me, and He is there with her. By His grace, she has made it this far. And we can only wait to see what the next months will hold in store.

2 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

Everytime I see a pink ribbon I remember my grandma and my aunt. They both had breast cancer. My grandma is now gone. My mom has had several scares with cancer finding lumps in her breast and I too found a lump in my breast a couple years back and had to have a biopsy. It is a scary thing. But how wonderful when a person knows the Lord in a personal way and can lean on and trust Him for what we need to make it through. My biopsy was benign (thank the Lord!!) but I know that the possibility is very real that one day I might find a lump and it be cancer. With the history I have I'm at higher risk than most ladies...as are you now that your mom has breast cancer. So when I see a pink ribbon I'm reminded to pray for those that have breast cancer and the loved ones of those ladies. I will be praying for your mom and you!! Don't lose sight of the hope that lies within you and within her.

Melissa said...

Thank you very much, Sis Julie. I am glad that your situation turned out well. Right now, my mom is doing great, thank you for praying, that is always a big blessing. :)