Saturday, November 11, 2006

coincidence?

Well, I finally got so sick of our old flat bed pillows that don't have an ounce of stuffing left in them. I would try to fluff them every night before bed, but alas, there was nothing to fluff. I would wake up with a sore neck b/c of them. I would wake up 4-5 times in the night b/c of them. Soooooooo, I finally got rid of them and got new ones!!! Yay!!

Anyways, the question I wanted answered was.......do new pillows make you dream weird things? :) It seems every night since we have had them, I have dreamed something totally strange and irrational and not even really nice. First, I dreamed that Jamie died (horrible!). The next night, I dreamed that my dad died (also horrible!). The next night, I dreamed that Jamie wanted to marry someone else (!!!!!!!!). And let me tell you, these were quite in-depth and vivid dreams, too, that lasted the whole night through.

So, is it the pillows that caused it? Or something else? My theory is that the pillows are making me have much better sleep, therefore I sleep through the entire night, therefore I go through the REM cycle (the deepest part of sleep when you dream), therefore I can remember the dreams? I don't know, but it's wild. Although I'm not complaining about getting extra good rest.

Well, that's all for now. I have a cat sitting on my keyboard who wants to be fed. :)

No comments: