Saturday, November 11, 2006

lucky people

I just wanted to tell all you people who live in the USA how very lucky you are. I used to be one of these lucky people, so I should know.

Anyways, you might wonder, why are you so lucky?

The answer is really quite simple -- you can buy butter and margarine in sticks! That is a luxury I have yet to find here in Canada. My mom brought me a bunch last time she visited, and that was my favorite present! Up here, they sell it in big chunks, equivalent to about four sticks of butter. Yuck, it's so annoying to have to saw through that gooey mass to get 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup or whatever. Yup, people who can buy it in sticks and not think twice about it are lucky.

Crazy the things that make me happy. :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I can empathize with your predicament...that is how they sell their butter in Africa, and it drove me crazy! Maybe you could find somewhere online to ship it in, then sell it to your neighbors and friends. You could start a bang-up business! :o)

Sis. Julie said...

Wow....that would be odd. Although we buy our margarine in tubs....it works better for me except when I'm doing some baking. We do take even the simplest and smallest things for granted here in the US.