Saturday, November 25, 2006

proud of myself

What do you do with a free day all to yourself? I got home from work around 7 am, all tired out.

Here's what I wanted to do -- jump into bed and pull the blankets around my neck and stay there until late afternoon, then get up and watch TV and eat cereal in my jammies.

Here's what I did -- ate breakfast, took Jamie to work, wrote a letter, checked my email, rinsed some dishes, started the laundry, started addressing Christmas cards, played with the cat, showered, went to the gym and ran on a treadmill for 45 minutes, showered again, volunteered at the retirement home for 2 hours, and did a little Christmas shopping. Next, I am headed to my in-laws for dinner, and then off to work again at 9 pm.

End result -- yup, I'm a little bit tired. But I have this great sense of accomplishment that I would never have had from sleeping the day away. So, for that, I am PROUD of myself.

P.S. I think it helped that the weather was absolutely beautiful today, almost 60 degrees. I will credit the weather with my productive day. Besides, I can always crash tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

bookwormaddict said...

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for posting on my blog forever ago. I have been neglecting my blessing blog and focusing more on my book review blog, but I'm so glad to have heard from you:) I haven't read Jodi in a while, but I have a couple of her books I need to read:)
You sounds so nice:)
Drop me a message sometime:)
Have a great weekend.
Heather:)