Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas prep

So......

Life is busy. But whose isn't this time of year? I gotta say I love it though....... Just going to the mall and hearing Christmas tunes and shoving your way through throngs of people. Woo hoo. And NO SNOW!! Hallelujah! Seeing Santa at the mall does make me happy, though. I think he should be there all year round, so at least I would have one reason to smile when I went to the mall. But anyways.....

Work is keeping us both busy. We are both in fields where we could end up working any or all holidays, but we actually aren't working too many hours!!! I am working 8 hours on Christmas and 8 hours on Boxing Day and that's all. Nothing on New Year's Eve or Day, and James has every single one off. Hmmmmm. Is there a catch somewhere?

Lots of Christmas cards are starting to arrive to fill the mantle. I think most of the shopping has been done, just need to get some stuff to fill the stockings and gifts for the exchange at Jamie's parents' house on Christmas Day. Can it really be going this smoothly? :)

I have not really had my jobs very long, one for about two months, the other only about a month, so I was not overly expecting anything from them around the holidays. But, from my private care job, I got a big basket of goodies for Christmas, and from the nursing home, I got a turkey!! Guess what James got? Nothing! What else can we expect from the government? Ha ha, they're all the same.

I took care of a lady for two weeks back in October, and we kind of became friends through it all. We just hit it off really well, so now we drop each other notes just to say hi every once in a while and all that. Anyways, I got a Christmas card from her in the mail the other day, and I was soooooo surprised to see that she had included a very hefty gift certificate to a cute little restaurant in town! But even more than that, it was touching to read what she wrote.......I think that being appreciated is one of the best feelings in the world.

So, what else? Well, it's 7:53 am and I need to get going. I just got home from work about 45 minutes ago. Now I need to shower and get a pot of chili going for supper tonight. Then around 10:00, I'm headed over to the in-laws for Christmas baking. Will the fun never end? Yes, unfortunately, it will.......right after Christmas. And then, just when my spirits threaten to damper, it arrives just in time -- the paycheck with holiday pay!!!! Now THAT is something to look forward to.......

No comments: