Tuesday, January 23, 2007

loving my job

It's very rare that I would ever come to this conclusion, but I can't think of anything bad to say about my job!!!

Let's face it, folks......I'm an adult babysitter with a nursing degree. I've come to grips with that fact. But I don't know any other babysitter who gets paid per hour what I do. :)

And what do I get paid for, really? My "charge" sleeps probably 9 to 9 1/2 hours of the 10 that I stay with her. So I get paid to sleep, eat, watch TV, read, whatever else I want to do. And the reason I'm recently loving my job is that it is giving me time to scrapbook, something I never seemed to be able to fit in around here. So I get paid a bunch of money to do something I really WANT to do. Jealous yet?

Now, here's the thing......this (babysitting) is NOT what I really want to be doing. I want to be a nurse, and I will be taking a test to get my license up here on June 6th. But, for the meantime, who wouldn't love this job?

No comments: