Monday, March 12, 2007

update

I guess it has been about three weeks now since the accident, and I must say I am pleased with the progress I am making. I am a very stubborn and impatient person, so this has been no walk in the park, but every day gets better and better. Compared to so many others who are suffering, my injury has been a breeze, and I am thankful for the recovery God has allowed so far. I am sitting and walking normally again, can even do the stairs pretty well. There is still a great deal of stiffness and pain if it is in the same position too long, but I am able to bend it further and further as each day comes. The doctor said he was quite impressed with the level of recovery so far, and said that I should expect it to be fully healed within six weeks. So about three more weeks to go, and I am fully confident that it will be fine. Now we just pray that there is no lasting damage, no underlying injury that is not apparent right now. As my father-in-law said, let's hope I won't be able to tell the weather with it!!!

Anyways, other stuff.....I am completely back to work now, so that satisfies the part of me that doesn't want to sit around and do nothing. It also helps pay the bills and keep $$$ in the bank account, two things that I always counted a plus. :) I have had lots of company and lots of help, and it's nice to feel normal again.

Items of newsworthy note:

  1. My sister's baby is due March 30.....not too far off now!
  2. My brother and sister-in-law discovered they are expecting another baby at the beginning of September. It will be girl #5!
  3. My mom has been having increasing health issues. I can't really go into too many details, but if you could pray for her, that would be awesome.
  4. The weather is starting to feel almost spring-like! This brings much joy into the winter-darkened/warmth-deprived heart of mine. The temps have been above freezing for a few days now, and I think it is supposed to hit the fifties tomorrow. Divine!!!
  5. I got a brand new vacuum cleaner, the first real one I have had since we've been married. It is awesome and actually inspires me to clean the house once in a while. :)
  6. My mother-in-law is expecting a baby at the end of July. Yes, that's right, I said mother-in-law. Kinda crazy, this will be #12 kid in the family. It's kinda weird to think that my husband will have a new brother/sister, but it's pretty cool as well!!

All right, I'll think of more later, probably. I have been enjoying my normalcy, even mundane house tasks. Everyone around here has been incredible, and I thank God for helping me to heal as much as I have. I am indeed blessed!

No comments: