Wednesday, April 4, 2007

a bit of this and that

Here are some random tidbits from the last few days.

  1. The best way to get rid of an itch is NOT to scratch it. And that is one of the hardest things in the world to do. Let's just say, lesson learned, but unfortunately the hard way......lol. :)
  2. I was coming out of Walmart this past Saturday, and some local hockey team was having a hotdog sale out front. Of course, this did not tempt me in the least, seeing as I'm not overly fond of hotdogs and will maybe eat them on the 4th of July. I passed on by, several other people were also walking by. Well, one lady who was next to me also kept walking, but then I saw her turn around and go back. I thought that the aroma of the "food" had gotten to her, but what I heard next was so funny. She went back to the stand and apologized to the lady for not buying anything. She said her kids really wanted pizza, and she was sorry she could not buy any hotdogs, but she wished she could. :) Now I've always thought I was polite, but maybe I have a little work to do.......I don't think I've ever apologized to someone for that, especially for something I wouldn't have necessarily wanted in the first place. Boo hotdogs.
  3. No baby for my sister yet.......due date has come and gone.......
  4. My mama's surgery went soooooo well!!! Like amazingly well. The surgeon was able to do it laparoscopically, which they originally thought was impossible, and she was able to go home that very same night. God is good!! If you knew how much my mother hates being in the hospital, you will know this is an extra-special blessing God gave to us. Also, they were able to test the masses right there in the operating room, and they were NOT CANCEROUS!!! This is also incredible.......although it does beg the question, why are we surprised when God answers our prayers? More faith........ She is still recovering at home.
  5. I had my oh-so-lovely root canal today. And I can actually say it wasn't that bad. I'm not a fan yet or anything, but it was definitely tolerable. I get to go back next week for a small filling, and then the next week for the rest of the procedure/torture. And then I will be good to go......and have a very expensive mouth to prove it!
  6. I did a bit of "spring" cleaning yesterday. I say spring almost tongue-in-cheek, b/c I think we have had only a few real spring days since its arrival. Tomorrow, it is supposed to snow, and then snow every day for 5-6 days. Yes, you heard that right.......they are calling for snow on Easter! That seems a bit, um, sacrilegious, almost, if you know what I mean. I guess I won't be needing an Easter dress this year, unless it's long-sleeved and made of wool. :) Anyways, about the cleaning, I went through all my clothes and came up with a big box of stuff that I persuaded myself to part with. I also cleaned up the bedroom quite a bit, did a billion loads of laundry, made the bed look pretty, etc........I am going to try to work on my husband's clothes today. Next week, I will start on the piles of junk in the living room.......aka our desks. :)

Well, I'm off to volunteer at the retirement home this afternoon. We are having a hymn sing. I guess I'll only be playing the piano though........no singing yet for this numb mouth of mine. :)

3 comments:

Anne said...

Praise the Lord about the news of your mom:o)

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I'm so glad your mom's ok!!! -Kay-

Rachel said...

I love random updates...they are always so fun to read. :o)

I can totally empathize with the root canal, though. Mine wasn't near as bad as I expected it to be...but I'm still glad that it is done!!!