Monday, July 9, 2007

my favorite smoothie

hey yeah, I know I haven't posted in a while.......oh well. Such is life.

Anyways, me and my sis-in-law Rach went strawberry picking last week.......so fun!!! Maybe I'll post a couple pics when I get back on my own computer. With all the fresh fruit in the house, I've been blending up some smoothies. Total yumminess. Next week, we're going to get fresh raspberries. Mix this one up -- it's healthy and will cool you right down.

You need -- 4 pieces of ice -- 1 cup of low-fat milk -- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries -- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries -- 1/2 cup (4 oz container) of your favorite nonfat yogurt -- 1 or 2 tsp of sugar to taste

Mix it all up in a blender for a minute or two, making sure to break up the chunks of ice. Wow, is this good! You can do all strawberries or all raspberries if you want, too. For the yogurt, you can do something like vanilla, strawberry, or raspberry, but for an extra kick, try lemon. Or I put in chocolate the other day, and it was amazing! For the sugar, you can just mix it up and taste before adding the sugar.....you might not want any at all.

P.S. This recipe makes about 24 oz worth. :)

No comments: