I stole this from Rachel, b/c I am too tired to think of anything original. Copy and paste it yourself if you want. :)
Tired of those same old 55 questions about me surveys? Well here are 55 I guarantee you've never answered.
1. Is your second toe longer than your first? that would be a negative
2. Do you have a favorite type of pen? whichever one is closest and works well :)
3. Look at your planner for Sept 14, what are you doing? I actually have nothing scheduled!!! Actually, that is the day I was hoping to go to Buffalo, not sure if that's going to happen or not.
4. What color are your toenails usually? whatever I'm in the mood for, today they are white and sparkly
5. What was the last thing you highlighted? I really have no idea
6. What color are your bedroom curtains? no curtains
7. What color are the seats in your car? gray with blackish seat covers
8. Have you ever had a black and white cat? nope
9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on? a birthday card for my brother-in-law
10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming? not that I can think of
11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time? for James to get a haircut
12. Whose is the last baby that you held? my new little brother-in-law Daniel
13. Unlucky #? uh......
14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste? yes, I love it!!! I hate mint toothpaste.... I am using Crest Cinnamon right now.
15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago? the same one I am driving now, a blue-green Saturn
16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators? I'll go with the Gators b/c my brother likes them
17. Last time you went to Six Flags? ages and ages ago
18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house? I don't think so, just borders
19. Closest thing to you that is yellow? a mini stapler
20. Last person to give you a business card? the vet's office
21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to? either the church or the landlord for the rent
22. Closest framed picture to you? one of my husband's entire family, taken a couple of months ago
23. Last time you had someone cook for you? last week sometime, we went over to the pastor's house for dinner
24. Have you ever applied for welfare? thankfully no
25. How many emails do you have? too many, I need to weed through them
26. Last time you received flowers? for our anniversary in July
27. Do you think the sanctity of marriage is meant for only a man & woman? that is what God says
28. Do you play air guitar? no, I'm nerdy enough as it is
29. Has anyone ever proposed to you? yep! Every day I sat next to Andrew in school, he asked me to marry him. :) And then came the real one on June 12, 2004!
30. Do you take anything in your coffee? I don't take coffee, thanks
31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines? nope, but I think they are cute
32. What is/was your high school's rival mascot? this question is somewhat humorous to me......
33. Last person you spoke to from high school? as in face-to-face talked? Well, that would be Kaysha or Mrs. G.....although I sometimes chat with others online
34. Last time you used hand sanitizer? probably 2 hours ago at work
35. Would you like to learn to play the drums? not overly
36. What color are the blinds in your living room? boring white
38. Last thing you read in the newspaper? either the obits or the classifieds
39. What was the last pageant you attended? describe this "pageant" you speak of :)
40. What is the last place you bought pizza from? Pizza Pizza (what an original name, I know)
41. Have you ever worn a crown? yeah, from Burger King.....
42. What is the last thing you stapled? most likely something on a scrapbook page
43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi? I used to love that stuff.....
44. Are you ticklish? depends where you try to tickle me!
45. Last time you saw fireworks? maybe last year? We skipped Canada Day fireworks this year.
46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut? oh wow, forever ago, probably sometime at college
47. Who is the last person that left you a message and you actually returned it? haha, good question.....probably Kathy or someone in James' family
48. Last time you parked under a carport? I really have no idea
49. Do you have a black dog? no, I had one most of my life, but she is sadly gone.......sniff sniff (RIP Raisin)
50. Have you had your mid-life crisis yet? I sure hope not!
51. Are you an aunt or uncle? aunt to six little girls, one baby boy, and two unborns!
52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of? hmmmm, I don't even really know that I've thought too much about that :)
Where's question #53?
54. Do you remember Ugly Kid Joe? who? apparently not.....
55. Do you have a little black dress? well yes I do.......I got it for graduation 2 years ago, but I don't know if it fits so well anymore........depressing.....
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I stole this from Rachel, b/c I am too tired to think of anything original. Copy and paste it yourself if you want. :)
Monday, August 27, 2007
As the cashier told me my total at the 7-11 last night, the irony struck me, as I have already shared in the title of this post. :)
Earlier this year, I had a bit of *lovely* dental work done, to the tune of $2400. It wasn't overly extensive or anything -- a root canal, a couple tiny fillings, a crown, and a cleaning. It wasn't as painful as I had worked myself up to think it would be, but still is not something I want to repeat anytime soon. So what was I doing at the 7-11 counter with a giant Slurpee and a load of sugary candy in hand???
Welllllllllll, I'll just chalk it up to depression.......lol. I had just returned from driving my husband to police boot camp. He'll be there this week, and the next, and the next, and the next, etc etc etc. Let's just say he'll be away the better part of the next four months. And that makes me sad, and sugar makes me happy.......and that all works out in some equation in my head, and only MY head. :)
I got home with the loot and kinda felt bad. Not too bad, just bad enough that I made sure not to eat it ALL in one sitting, and then ran and brushed my teeth afterwards. Sometimes I just can't get enough sugar........and I've always always always been a fan of really junky candy. Apparently, the tooth that had its nerve killed and a root canal done was NOT my sweet tooth! :)
Just keep brushing, just keep brushing.....
P.S. For all you sugar buffs, here's what I got...........Fun Dip, Bottlecaps, Nerds, Skittles, and a Cow Tail. (shut up, I was really depressed! :)
posted by Melissa around 10:08 PM
A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle. For example: if she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features. However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal, she tends to be more attracted to a man with duct tape over his mouth and a spear lodged in his chest while he is on fire.
No further studies are expected.
P.S. You can laugh -- it's funny! :)
posted by Melissa around 11:25 AM
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
James and I used to share a cell phone, which became kind of a drag, especially if we were both out and about and wanted to get a hold of each other. But, for the time being, that is what we had -- it was economically convenient and all that.......but......it was time to move on!
So move on we did!! On Monday night, we each got our own cell phones! Now we are connected. It will be especially great when James will be out of town every week.....he can still have his, and I can have mine while I'm driving around town/to work/etc. Plus (bonus) I can make my cell look girly and he won't have to look at it or be embarrassed to be seen with it......lol.
Anyways (drum roll please), here's my new phone! You can click on the pictures on the left. It's a Motorola Razr V3c in pretty, pretty pink! I told you it was girly. Anyways, it's pretty cool for a cell phone. James got some black, guy-looking thing ----- bo-o-oring! :)
Now, if only I had watited to buy my iPod until they came out with the pink version, I'd be all dolled up in pink technology. :)
posted by Melissa around 11:57 AM
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
On a more somber note, we just recently found out that a guy James knew in college (was his floorleader, in fact), was in a very bad car accident (hit a semi head-on) and is in serious condition in an ICU in Iowa. He is in a coma, and also suffered a massive stroke, which has left the doctors wondering whether he will be able to walk or talk when he wakes up. Please pray for Joe and his wife Jaime -- they need a lot of intervention. And we know our God is up to the task.
Also, I just found out today that the lady I have been taking care of for the past nine months is in the hospital. I'm not exactly sure yet what's going on, but she has been going downhill for a while. Pray for Violet and her daughter, Kathy. Both of them are very dear to me, and I believe both of them need Christ!
posted by Melissa around 7:25 PM
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Soooooo.......now that all the summer birthdays and events have tapered off, life has become a bit dull (AKA I'm working more......lol). And the summer is beginning to come to an end, which saddens me immensely. It's only the middle of August, but already I can feel the change in weather and the shortening of the days. It didn't get light until after 6am this morning, and it is not even supposed to get up to 70 degrees today! Excuse me while I go mourn the loss of the wonderful sunny warm weather!
Anyways, life is still happening, even if it is dull.
1. James is going away to Ontario Police College in just a tad over a week. He will be gone Monday to Friday for about 16 weeks. I am very thankful that he has been able to get a ride to his destinations (over 2 hours away), which means I will be able to keep the car to get myself around town and to work and such. That is, if the car decides it will keep running (see #2).
2. Ah, the car! The good old 1993 Saturn that has serviced us so well for so many miles and trips. Something is wrong with it. It overheated majorly yesterday (wasn't even hot out), and it appears that either the thermostat or the water pump may be broken? I know next to nothing about cars -- my knowledge consists of insert key, start car, drive away......lol. :) But I did know there was something wrong with it, just didn't know what. It is at the repair shop now, waiting to be fixed, if it will be worth the $$ to do so. Meanwhile, we are car-less and pretty much option-less at this point. Haha, I make it sound so dramatic.
3. I bought myself a plane ticket to go out west and see my sister and her family in November! That's a bit of exciting news, I have never been to see where she lives. And since James will be away, and doesn't really dig girly things and babies anyways, it's a perfect chance for me to go. I also got a ride into Buffalo, so I can fly out of there instead of Toronto. You wouldn't think traveling a couple of hours to another airport could make such a big difference in price, but it does -- to the tune of $400! I am definitely okay with that kind of savings!
4. Niece #7 should be making her entrance in the next couple of weeks. Yay for being an aunt again!
5. I have hit yet another wall in the process of trying to become a fully licensed registered nurse in the province of Ontario. My test date has been delayed yet again, this time to Jan/Feb 2008. I am getting a little discouraged by this time, it seems to have taken forever to get to this point, and it feels I am still no further along. I guess I should just be thankful to be able to work and that we both have steady sources of income. I just hope I don't lose all the knowledge I worked my butt off to learn!
6. Jamie's grandparents celebrated 50 years of marriage last weekend, so there was a big open house and extended family get-together. It was actually a pretty nice time......sometimes I loathe these events, b/c I am not a huge fan of chit-chatting with people I don't know overly well. But all went well. It was James' mom's side of the family, and they are mostly pretty nice people, easy to talk to and all that. It was a long day, and I was glad it had finally arrived, b/c that meant I was completely DONE with their scrapbook! Thankfully, they really liked it -- I could tell it meant a lot to them -- that always makes you feel like the time you spent was not wasted! Most all the children and grandchildren were able to be there (missed you, Cheryl!), and overall, it was a pleasant day.
7. We went to an OPP party the other night and socialized with all the cops. Yeah, it never hurts to be on their good side, right? :) I thought it might be awkward, seeing as I don't know most of them, but it was a good time, and they even made me feel included. James works with a good group of guys, so we are definitely thankful for that!
Well, if you don't care about the tiny details of our lives, then I'm sure this post bored you to death. Sorry about that! I just felt like writing something newsy, as opposed to philosophical (it's too early in the morning for one of those!). Come back again, maybe I'll dig up something that is intelligent and meaningful (ya never know!).
posted by Melissa around 8:10 AM