Monday, August 27, 2007

$6.16 to wreck $2400 of dental work?

As the cashier told me my total at the 7-11 last night, the irony struck me, as I have already shared in the title of this post. :)

Earlier this year, I had a bit of *lovely* dental work done, to the tune of $2400. It wasn't overly extensive or anything -- a root canal, a couple tiny fillings, a crown, and a cleaning. It wasn't as painful as I had worked myself up to think it would be, but still is not something I want to repeat anytime soon. So what was I doing at the 7-11 counter with a giant Slurpee and a load of sugary candy in hand???

Welllllllllll, I'll just chalk it up to depression.......lol. I had just returned from driving my husband to police boot camp. He'll be there this week, and the next, and the next, and the next, etc etc etc. Let's just say he'll be away the better part of the next four months. And that makes me sad, and sugar makes me happy.......and that all works out in some equation in my head, and only MY head. :)

I got home with the loot and kinda felt bad. Not too bad, just bad enough that I made sure not to eat it ALL in one sitting, and then ran and brushed my teeth afterwards. Sometimes I just can't get enough sugar........and I've always always always been a fan of really junky candy. Apparently, the tooth that had its nerve killed and a root canal done was NOT my sweet tooth! :)

Just keep brushing, just keep brushing.....

P.S. For all you sugar buffs, here's what I got...........Fun Dip, Bottlecaps, Nerds, Skittles, and a Cow Tail. (shut up, I was really depressed! :)

1 comment:

Arlene said...

You're not alone in your eating indulgence; I eat anything when I'm bored or depressed... it's terrible, but I can't seem to stop myself!