Tuesday, October 2, 2007

live the life

I know I do a lot of posts on song lyrics, but music really speaks to me, and I think it says things in a way that I never could. Haha, that could be why I'm not a lyricist..... Anyways, I just love the words to this song -- it points out how our actions as a Christian speak way louder than our words ever could. We can say we're a Christian, but does the way we live our life say that as well? I have heard of so many cases, and personally encountered, where a person will be so closed to or turned off by Christianity b/c the "Christians" they know aren't living it. They act just like the world, and are Christian in name only. How can we expect to win the world when we act just like them, only claiming the name of Christ with our lips? I challenge you to live the life.....

We're passengers aboard the train,
Silent little lambs amidst the pain,
That's no longer good enough;
And when it's time to speak our faith,
We use a language no one can explain,
That's no longer good enough.

And God knows it's a shame,
As we look to pass the flame,
We are not the worthy bearers of his name.

For the world to know the truth,
There can be no greater proof
Than to live the life, live the life,
There's no live that's quite as pure,
There's no pain we can't endure
If we live the life, live the life,
Be a light for all to see,
For every act of love will set you free.

There's something beautiful and bold,
The power of a million human souls
Come together as one;
And each in turn goes out to lead
Another by his word, his love, his deed,
Now the circle is done.

And it all comes back to one,
For it is He and He alone
Who has lived the only perfect life we've known.

For the world to know the truth,
There can be no greater proof
Than to live the life, live the life;
There's no love thats quite as pure,
There's no pain we can't endure
If we live the life, live the life;
Be a light for all to see,
For every act of love will set you free.

lyrics and music by Michael W. Smith

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should join a choir!

Melissa said...

lol, very funny! I would join a choir if our church had one. :)

Happymama said...

Melissa, I think it's great that you post lyrics. I do the same thing. Lyrics are poems put to music. And this one is so true.

~Kristi