Tuesday, November 13, 2007

new post!!!

This might come as quite the shock to anyone who has been checking my blog lately -- there's actually a new post here!! I have had my work schedule disrupted changed over the last week, and it has left me with little time to do anything!! I was so used to working nights and being able to do things during the day that working during the day all the time confused me quite a bit. But that's ok, b/c after I work two days and two nights this week, I am off for almost two weeks!!!! I can't wait, I am headed out to the west coast to see my sister and her fam, should be an awesome time.

So, in the midst of all the busyness last week, there was time for the first major annoyance snowfall of the year. I hate cold weather, I hate driving in the snow, I hate waiting for the car to warm up, I hate scraping ice off the car, I hate having to wear six layers, I hate winter!!! I think I would love winter if all I had to do for three months was sit by the fireplace with a hot cup of apple cinnamon tea with Christmas music playing in the background and stare out the window at the snow swirling all around. But alas, that is not the case and never will be. Unfortunately, life keeps going during the winter, which means I still have to go outside and I still have to go to work and I still have to buy groceries and I still have to do every little mundane task of life, except it's freezing out and the roads are dangerous!!! Not a good tradeoff.....

Happy November birthdays!!!! There have been quite the bunch of them over the past week or so. So I'll just give a group shoutout to all of them -- Opa, Violet, Cheryl, Mike......and Matty, my little bother's brother's is today!!!

Okay, I think I am done with the exclamation points for now. :-D I have been thinking of doing a giveaway, but I'm not sure how much participation I would get. I know a bunch of people come on here and don't leave comments.......sooooo......if you would be interested in a giveaway, leave a comment on this post, and if I get enough people that seem interested, then I'll do another post and give away something fabulous!!!

Happy the-day-my-brother-was-born, everybody!!!

5 comments:

Andrew said...

First comment!

Abbi said...

Ooooh, yeah. Give something away. We like free stuff.

Anne said...

That's a really neat way to do it! I'll join in:o). And how old is Jerry? (Sorry, memories of EBA days drifted back into my mind!)

Melissa said...

Matthew/Jerry, or Matty, as he is now known, turned 23 today!! He graduates from college next month. Where does the time go?

Anonymous said...

Yah a comment! Hey I miss talking with you...it seems this week that we have continully by passed each other! When are you going again?
Yeah for us November babies! We rock!