Thursday, November 1, 2007

resolutions and what I'm up to

I don't know if you'd really call them resolutions, but they are things that I have told myself (and my husband) that I am going to do/work on. The first one is to exercise more often. This has started with my doing 30 situps every night, which will gradually increase. I am not really a self-motivated person in this area, and it has been a little hard to keep it up since I don't exactly have company around here (for now). When my husband comes home for good, we're going to do some things together, so that should help. So far, I have done 4 nights worth with no plans to quit (despite the burning feeling in my poor tummy -- it is not used to such activity). :)

The other thing I am working on is not drinking soda, specifically Coke. Now, before I started this kick, I was something of what you would call a minor addict. Ok, major. Whatever. :) It was getting to the point where I didn't like how I felt when I didn't have a Coke that day! Scary really. And it's not like Coke has a lot of nutritional value or anything.....lol. So I have determined not to keep it in the house and only drink it every once in a while. I have had one Coke in the past week, and that was at someone's house where it was handed to me and I didn't want to make a big thing of it. But no more buying a couple cases at a time, no more ordering Coke when we go out to dinner, no more stopping at Mac's on the way to work to feed my addiction, no more raiding Violet's fridge in the middle of the night.....

I will keep you posted on how I am doing with my goals, however boring they may be. :D

Other than that, my free time has been quite occupied lately, which is great! And I haven't been watching a lot of TV! I am hard at work on two top-secret projects -- one for Christmas and one for our church. Both are a little time-consuming, but should be worth it in the end. I am totally busting at the seams wanting to tell someone about the Christmas one, but alas, I need to keep my mouth shut for now. And what a trial that is for me.....

Stay tuned for updates.....

P.S. Oops, I lied when I said I had no company when I do my situps. I have a small 8-pound, orange purring machine who faithfully lies next to me while I do them. :) Harry sometimes walks under my legs or my back and sometimes gets smooshed when I come back down!! And he often pulls my hair while it is flying around. :) But when I am done, he is there, lying next to me, purring up a storm, and nipping at my ear. What an encouragement. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well all your intentions seem great as long as you are planning on drinking coke when I come over!

C.F.B said...

You know I want to say that Harry is probably feeling left out cause he is not in your blog picture...just a thought! ;)

Melissa said...

well, Harry can suck it up.....he is not my favorite cat. :) Hahaha....