Friday, December 21, 2007

an awesome recipe for Christmas or anytime!

Since I have been making so much of this lately, I thought I would share the recipe. It's super easy and super yummy and super addicting......everything a good recipe should be! :) I hope you enjoy it if you try it. I have grown up eating this at almost all church functions and dessert feasts, thanks to an old family friend from church. Now I make it for myself and others.

Mock Peanut Brittle

Ingredients needed:
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
plain soda crackers, about 1 1/2 sleeves
1 bag peanut butter morsels (milk chocolate or butterscotch work too)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Line a shallow baking pan/cookie sheet with edges with aluminum foil. Spray evenly with non-stick cooking spray. Line the pan with crackers, fill to edges. It's all right if they overlap.

In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar together over low heat. Stir frequently until smooth. Bring just to a boil and then remove from heat. Pour evenly over crackers. Spread over crackers until all are coated.

Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.

Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle morsels liberally all over the crackers, as evenly as possible. After 2-3 minutes, when the morsels have started to melt, completely spread them out over the brown sugar mixture.

When the pan is no longer hot to the touch, place in refrigerator until completely cool, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from pan and break into bite-size pieces. Store in covered airtight container.

Lastly, enjoy!!!

Let me know if you try it. It seriously is yummy!

3 comments:

C.F.B said...

I will kindly wait till you can bake it for me! ;) hint hint...love ya! Have fun in PA!

Happymama said...

Hi Melissa, thanks for the recipe! Hubby loves peanut brittle so I'll have to give this one a try.

Hope you had a wonderful Merry Christmas with your family. I know they enjoyed having you home this year.

~Kristi

Melissa said...

thanks Kristi, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well. :) Hope you like the recipe.

And Cheryl, don't be so lazy....