Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas music!!

I stayed up late last night working on loading up my iPod with Christmas tunes!!! Well, loading it was definitely the shortest part -- before that, I was importing lots of CDs and other music from my hard drive and even downloading a few new tunes for the season. I got a couple CDs when I was in Oregon too -- we went to an awesome live performance called the Singing Christmas Tree.

All this to say that I now have my tiny iPod filled with 164 Christmas carols and songs for hours and hours of great listening!! I think the iPod is the most amazing invention -- now I don't have to carry CDs around with me everywhere. I can even plug it into the tape deck in the car and listen that way. There are very few places I go without my shuffle.

One of my very favorite Christmas carols that you don't hear too often is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." I was just researching it a little bit the other day and found the amazing story behind the writing of it. You can read about it here. I have three versions of it in my music library -- Steven Curtis Chapman, MercyMe, and Jars of Clay -- and they are all so amazing I can't decide which one is the best. :)

There is so much amazing Christmas music out there!! Go buy yourself a couple of CDs or download some of your favorites. I think the music of Christmas is definitely my favorite part of the season.

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is NOT DEAD; nor doth He sleep!
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men!"
---words by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow---

So what's your favorite Christmas carol or song? :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hhhmmm...I think my favorite is "O Come All Ye Faithful." But all Christmas songs are great - I play them from October to January! :)

Kay said...

I went to a living Christmas tree production last week here at Thomas Road Baptist.. it was sooo cool! Amazing what can happen with a bunch of lights and a choir! haha.