Thursday, December 20, 2007

the finishing touches

I'll be home for Christmas this year and not only in my dreams! I haven't been officially home for Christmas since before I was married, so I am particularly excited to be able to go this year. I am even more excited that Jamie is going to be able to go too -- shockingly enough, the OPP decided to give him a week off from school. (They aren't known for their generosity in this area....)

And so, we leave on Saturday! Before that, however, there is much to be done!!! I have a to-do list the length of my left arm, but I am slowly being able to cross things off. Yesterday, I worked on baking and wrapping presents. Today, I am focusing on cleaning the house and doing laundry and dishes and such so that the house is presentable while we are gone and when we come back. Tomorrow, I will finish up any last-minute things and do the packing. I am glad to have a plan -- it has been somewhat of a challenge finishing everything and working overnights at the same time.

And tomorrow night, I get to do one of my favorite things of the Christmas season -- caroling!!! I am going with a bunch of people from my church. There is just something about standing out in the cold, decked out in toques, mittens, and scarves, singing about the birth of our dear Lord. It makes me very emotional and very happy and very thankful that God loved us so much to send us His very own Son. I love Christmas!

Ok, gotta get back to the list......

6 comments:

C.F.B said...

Merry Christmas my sister! Caroling is the best however I have to say it would be fun to do caroling if it warmed up just a tad! Remember the Christmas night that PCC would have? It just was not the same without all the snow. Well I hope you have a wonderful time at your parents and I hope to see you on January 1, 2008!

Kay said...

YAY your comming to pa?!??!?! WHOOOT WHOOT!

Melissa said...

yes of course, I'm coming to PA!! Will I see you? :)

Chyrll said...

Merry Christmas!
The Giveaway package arrived in the mail today. Thank you so much for the gifts!

Kay said...

where would I see you at?

Melissa said...

well.....I guess you don't work at Wally World anymore, do you? Maybe church, or don't you do that kind of thing anymore? :)