Thursday, December 13, 2007

I wish.....

....I was the kind of person who could just sign our names to a Christmas card, address the plain white envelope, and drop it in the mailbox with a Canadian flag stamp. But nooooo.

I have to write a personal message in each card. I tell myself this is b/c I care so much about the people I'm sending the cards to, but it's really probably half a "I-don't-want-them-to-think-I'm-a-jerk-and-just-sign-my-name" thing. :) That being said, after the card is safely in the envelope, I have to make sure it is very neatly addressed. I also like to add Christmas stickers and whatever "holiday" stamp they happen to be selling.

I really don't have OCD or any other disorder like that. If you saw the state of my kitchen, you would immediately agree. :) I'm just a perfectionist in SOME areas of life. Usually it's in silly areas that don't really matter.

My sister and I were talking about this a couple weeks ago (she and I are a lot alike). Both of us like to have things clean and neat, but neither of us likes the actually "doing it" part. :) Therefore, it gets put off a lot......lol. Anyways, we determined that is just how we're wired. Because, believe me, I (and she) have sat down and said steadfastly that I was going to be a neat freak and keep everything in the house amazingly clean, etc etc etc. And that resolution lasted all of 38 seconds, b/c, well, there's just so much other stuff in life to enjoy.

I am a firm believer in organized confusion. :) Neat clutter. As long as my house looks presentable to the human eye, I'm not going to worry if there is a dust bunny behind the sofa or an unwashed dish in the sink. But when it comes to Christmas cards, well, they'd just better be perfect! :)

1 comment:

My name is Sis. Julie said...

I've been meaning to come visit you here. I wanted to thank you for taking part in my game this week. Be sure to check back to Julie's Jewels for the results sometime tomorrow (Saturday). I'm also going to add you to my list of blogs I visit if that is okay with you.

Have a great day!