Monday, January 21, 2008

(crying)

Sooooo, the big game is over. And the results are not good. I know I should be proud that the Pack made it this far this year. To go from mediocre to being in the championship game is quite an accomplishment, and the Pack definitely deserves all the credit they get. But was it too much to ask for just one more win??? Was it? Apparently so!

In case you hadn't figured it out by now, Green Bay lost in overtime last night to the (yucky) Giants. The whole second half was back and forth -- craziness really. I honestly felt like I was going to wet myself the whole time....lol. :) The Giants got set up to kick a field goal to win the game with 4 seconds left. And then.....amazingly....the Pack was given another chance. The kicker missed (again)! So to overtime they went -- everything seemed to be pointing to the Packers -- they won the coin toss and got to have the ball first.

But it was not meant to be. After a couple plays, Brett Favre tossed the ball downfield right into the outstretched arms of a GIANTS player. Poor guy, he deserved this championship so much!!! The Giants now had the ball and prepared to attempt another field goal. I feverishly (and fruitlessly) hoped that Tynes might miss yet another field goal, but in my heart, I knew it would not happen. He kicked it perfectly, and Green Bay is finished with football for this season. Well, until the Pro Bowl in a few weeks.

I'm not gonna lie.....I really wanted the Pack to win and go to the Super Bowl. And I am definitely not a fan of either team that is playing this year. But I guess I'm just gonna have to suck it up and wait for next year. How did football season end so soon???

Please come back next year, Brett.........

No comments: