Friday, January 25, 2008

on dishes and guns

Doing the dishes is my most dreaded chore. If I were just a little lazier and a little tackier, I think I would use paper plates and plastic utensils all the time. :) This hated chore looms over me most days, and many times, sad to say, laziness wins out and the dishes sit another day. I tell myself this is okay, b/c there are only two of us, and we have LOTS of dishes. LOL, oh, the work I create for dish-wash-hating self! I wonder why it is so hard for me to just do them, b/c I love the feeling when every dish is washed and put away and the kitchen is clean and neat. I like the end result, I just don't like the path that leads there.

On to the guns....

James and I both had the weekend off, and took the opportunity to go to a church-sponsored activity -- paintball!!! This is something I have always wanted to try and wondered if I would ever get the opportunity. Now I can say I'm a veteran, and can honestly say I am no worse for the wear. The first game we played, I crept up on the other team slowly -- mostly b/c I was a little scared to shoot my gun and a little more than scared to get shot at! However, it was a little TOO slow, b/c the game was over before I knew it, and I hadn't even pulled my trigger. So I determined to be brave and venture into the line of fire. What I discovered is that it's pretty fun to shoot a gun, especially when you can aim at your pastor. :) And getting shot at didn't hurt too much, just a little sting here and there. I ended up with two half-dollar sized purple bruises -- one near my left elbow, and one on my belly. But it was fun, and I would definitely go again! Next is skydiving.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...no skydiving....we should go bowling again! Glad you had so much fun! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

And the dishes continue...know the feeling!