Sunday, February 3, 2008

on new cars and piles of snow

We finally got a new car!! Well, I guess I should say new(er) car, but it is new to us, and I actually like it pretty well. :) Our old Saturn is still running, and it has about 6 months before it will be determined if it will die or keep going for another year or two. Many have made fun of the Saturn b/c it's really not a pretty car by any stretch of the imagination and it's kinda old. That being said, it has served us so well over the past four years -- survived quite a few Canadian winters and countless trips into the States. So, ugly or not, we are thankful for it!

About the new car -- it's a 2003 Volkswagen Golf GLS -- don't ask what GLS means, cuz I really don't know. :) I think it means it costs more money. Anyways, it's black and even a little bit cute. If you've ever thought the Golf is a tiny car, you should get in one. It's seriously roomy. And it doesn't hurt that it's loaded with pretty much every option in the book, my favorite being the butt-warming seats. :) That spoils me to no end, and I actually find myself being disappointed when I'm in someone else's car and my seat isn't getting warm. Ah, the luxuries of life.....

January has been quite the crazy month in terms of weather. The changes in temperature have been ridiculous at times, and I am amazed that I haven't gotten any colds from the drasticness of it all. And today is Groundhog Day, and I believe I heard that almost all the groundhogs predicted early spring. EXCEPT for THE groundhog Punxutawney Phil, whom I have come to believe in as Scripture -- he has said 6 more weeks of winter, and this saddens me. Although it does beg the question -- how could PP miss his shadow, it's only the size of Australia?!? :-D Joking aside, I think we definitely have a few more weeks of nasty wintery weather to contend with. I'm NOT enjoying the freezing temps, I'm NOT enjoying the snow that has been lying around for weeks, I'm NOT enjoying winter, darn it!

I love you, spring.....please come soon......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for a new car!!!

I had a saturn... it had like 130,000 miles PLUS on it and then it just started to slowly die...

Anywho, enjoy some snow for me! It's a sunny 55 here! -Kay