Sunday, March 2, 2008

on donating blood

Jamie and I went to give blood at a blood drive hosted at the local Best Western on Friday afternoon. I have always liked to go and donate blood -- it is such a simple thing that can really be so much of a benefit to another individual (or two or three). I have a nice big bruise on my arm, but other than that, it was a pain-free experience that I will repeat in another eight weeks. I feel blessed that I am in good enough health to be able to help others who are in need. So I really encourage you -- ALL of you! -- to go donate blood if you are in a state of health which allows you to do so. It is amazingly easy and takes only a little time. I know if I were ever in need of a transfusion, I would hope that there were enough blood for me. You can donate six times a year -- schedule an appointment today!

9 comments:

Andrew said...

So, because you're married to a cop, the laws of physics, and the laws of the land shouldn't apply to you?

Please explain.

I'm not big on the laws of thermodynamics. Whom should I marry so they don't apply to me?

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I got my first speeding ticket two weeks ago... I was going 79 in a 65. I really didn't think i was going that fast! The cop was like "WHY were you going so fast?" what do you say to that? Honestly? Because the guy behind and infront of me was going 80!

haha. -Kay-

Melissa said...

exactly, Kay -- he asked if I had a reason I was going that fast. I felt like saying, yeah, just keeping up with the rest of traffic! But I thought that would probably be considered a smart remark. :) How much of a fine did you have to pay?

Anne said...

Were you really going *supposedly* 110 miles per hour? Just wonderin':o).

Melissa said...

well, Anne, it probably sounds bad to you, but.....it was *supposedly* 110 kilometers per hour in an 80 zone, which is really nowhere near 110 miles per hour. More like a little under 70 miles per hour. Forgot to clarify, silly Canadians. :)
P.S. Yeah, I probably was going that fast lol.

Anonymous said...

$131.00 lol. stupid cop! he was tryin to fill a quota! -Kay

Melissa said...

hmmmmm, but I wasn't going as fast as Kay apparently ;)

Sis. Julie said...

Wow!! That was quite a ticket huh? And he wouldn't let you off even though your hubby is a police officer? I'm shocked!! That has helped me both times I've gotten stopped. My husband did a smart thing when he got his picture taken for his license last time...he got it taken in his uniform. He won't be able to do that this time though....he doesn't work for a police dept anymore. He is a bug man!! LOL!!