Wednesday, May 28, 2008

an AMAZING answer to prayer

In case anyone has been keeping up with how my mom is doing, I thought I would share some news I heard today!

My mom has been having oodles of tests done over the past couple weeks -- all very tedious and some quite painful. They did discover quite early on that the larger lump found was indeed cancerous. However, most cause for concern were the lumps under her arm, indicating that the cancer may have spread to the lymph nodes (not good). After all the other tests, they concluded the tests were inconclusive (ironic), and decided they needed to do biopsies on the lumps under her arm. Those biopsies were scheduled for today. So my mom went in for her appointment and did NOT have the biopsies done......because the lumps were GONE!!!! The radiologist said this happens sometimes, but we know it was ALL God. What a wonderful God we have to give us what we so desperately want but know we do not deserve!

Now, that being said -- the cancer is not all gone, but the prognosis looks much better. She is scheduling surgery to have the other lump removed, and then will have six weeks of radiation, but this is one of the best-case scenarios for her situation.

I am so grateful to God for hearing the prayers of His children and seeing fit to work in a wonderful way. And I am also very grateful to those people who have been fervent and faithful in their prayers for my dear mama.

3 comments:

Anne said...

That sure is a blessing to read!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! -Kay

Dear Abbi said...

Wow, praise the Lord! Thanks for sharing!