Monday, May 5, 2008

praising Him in this storm

My daddy called Saturday afternoon. I wasn't home. He left a message that said "your mom is sick." My heart dropped to the tip of my toes. And I thought, NOT AGAIN. Why is this happening? Cancer is evil, and my mom does NOT deserve it. When I called him back, and he explained what was happening, I cried and cried and cried -- and now I'm crying again.

I can't help but wonder why. But my dad reminded me on the phone "all things work together for good to them that LOVE GOD." Jesus, the Master of the sea, is right here with us, holding us close during this storm. Sometimes we doubt, but He is always there. Sometimes I can't hear His reassuring voice through all my worrying and crying. He will never ever leave my side, and I must praise Him, my God who knows better than I.

This says it better than I ever could:

I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away,
Stepped in and saved the day,
But once again, I say "amen,"
And it's STILL raining;

As the thunder rolls,
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I am with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God
Who gives and takes away.

I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are Who You are;
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You've never left my side
And though my heart is torn,
I will praise you in this storm.

Lyrics courtesy of Mac Hall and Casting Crowns

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! :( I'll be praying for your mom...and you too, as I know you are concerned for her.

C.F.B said...

Hey Mel! We are all praying here for your Mom and for you and your family. I know the Lord will be and is with you through this time...just keep looking up to Him. He loves us more then we can imagine and it is through this love that He lifts us up through the difficult times and carries us through. I love you Mel...you are in my prayers.

Melissa said...

thanks very much to both of you!

Dear Abbi said...

Aww, Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear that your mom isn't doing well. I just prayed for her (and you!). I'm glad that you get to go see her soon!!!