Wednesday, June 18, 2008

confessions of a mall addict :)

My name is Melissa, and I like shopping. Okay, I love shopping. And most of all, I love shopping all by my lonesome self. Don't get me wrong, I like shopping with my sisters-in-law and my sister (when I get to see her), and I definitely like shopping with my mom, but there's just something about strolling along in the mall all by yourself -- taking your sweet time, spending an hour in one store, and maybe 2 minutes in another, because I want to and I don't have to worry if the other person is getting bored or wants to look at stuff I don't want to!! Basically, what it means is I'm selfish lol. :)

As a little side note -- I have never had my wallet stolen or lost my credit/debit cards when I'm shopping by myself, so there's another pro to add to the list. (And yes, that has happened more than once.....)

So I set off this afternoon to a mall about 40 minutes away. Our tiny town has NO good shopping, and I'm not even exaggerating. We have Walmart, Zellers (kinda like Target), a few old lady clothing stores, drugstores, dollar stores, and yeah, that's pretty much it. Fortunately, we live in a pretty central location -- drive 30-40 minutes in any direction and hit great shopping. So I kinda rotate through all the good malls.

Before I left, I went to the Salvation Army and donated a huge bag of clothing, and tons of books. Getting rid of some stuff beforehand made me feel better about the money I might spend lol. :-D

Anyways, it was a very therapeutic 3 1/2 hours -- I got a bunch of great (inexpensive) shirts and a few other things. Plus a piece of pizza and a Frappuccino. :)

Pretty much the perfect day. The only thing that could possibly have made it better was if there had been a great scrapbooking store to shop at too. :) Oh, and unlimited money would be nice.......

1 comment:

Kay said...

My name is Kay. I too am a shop-aholic :)