Saturday, June 28, 2008

overheard in the drive-thru

"Welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?"

"Yes, I'd like a junior chicken sandwich and a double cheeseburger, please."

"Okay, so, a junior chicken combo?"

"No, just the sandwich, and also a double cheeseburger."

"A junior chicken sandwich?"

"Yes, and also a double cheeseburger." (sigh!)

(silence)

After a minute.....

"Welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?"

uh, hello?

"Um, I just placed an order, did you get that?"

"Oh. I guess it didn't go through, do you want to order again?" (as if I have a choice, now that I'm stuck in the middle of the drive-thru)

"I'll have a junior chicken sandwich and a double cheeseburger please!"

"A McChicken combo?"

ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

"A JUNIOR CHICKEN SANDWICH!" (said in a very loud voice) "and a double cheeseburger too!"

"Okay, so, just the sandwiches?"

"YES!"

"Please pull ahead for your total."

"Thanks." (or not)

No comments: