Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Canada Day

Happy Canada Day, everyone!!

I'm headed over to the in-laws in an hour or so -- to celebrate Canada Day, I guess, but mainly to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. Happy 13th birthday, David!!!


P.S. This is my third Canada Day since moving here in 2005, and I have yet to see Canada Day fireworks!!! And I won't see them this year either, maybe I'll be able to hear them from work. We did see the Canada Day fireworks over Niagara Falls in 2005, but that was about three weeks before we got married, so I don't know if that counts. :)

3 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

No fireworks to celebrate your country's bday? I just thought that everyone celebrated that way. I guess not. Oh well!! I love fireworks for the most part. But I only love them if they are the professional ones. The puny ones you buy at walmart or fireworks stands don't do justice to the real ones.

Anonymous said...

The fireworks that night were sadly lacking in any pizzazz whatsoever. You didn't miss anything...And traffic was horrible both before and after the 14 minute display. :)

Melissa said...

Well, Sis Julie, there were fireworks, I just didn't get around to seeing them as I had to go to work. But I guess they weren't worth watching anyways. :)

P.S. Hi, baby (anonymous)!