Friday, August 22, 2008

it pays to speak up!!

On Wednesday evening after James got home from work, we (well just me really) decided to go out for dinner. I didn't really feel like cooking, and we hadn't been out in a while, so I decided on East Side Mario's. I doubt that anyone in the States has heard of this place, although it looks very American, what with its huge Statue of Liberty replica. :) Very homey.

Anyways, we ordered our food, and when James got his burger, he noticed there wasn't bacon or cheese on it. He thought perhaps he hadn't said he wanted these items, so he decided not to say anything. When we got the bill, James just paid it without looking at it (always a mistake....). When I got the receipt back, I looked at it and saw we had been charged $2 for the bacon and cheese. James said oh well, it's just $2. And I said, it's $2!!!! I am very passionate about making sure I am charged the appropriate amount for the service I receive! And in case you were wondering, I am also very diligent about giving things back that do not belong to me, aka too much change, etc etc. So I asked the server about it, and she said she had written it down to have bacon and cheese on it, but the guy in the kitchen must have forgotten. When she went back to find out, the guy in the kitchen admitted he had forgotten to put it on. Because they didn't want to go through the hassle of refunding us a couple dollars, the manager decided to give us a coupon for a free entree next time we visit, up to $25 value. !!!!! I certainly hadn't expected that, I just wanted my two dollars back. So I guess we'll have to go back..... :) :)

P.S. It doesn't always pay to speak up. Tonight, James and I went to a Jays/Yankees game with Ryan, a friend of ours. Before we went, I talked a bunch of trash to them about how the Yanks were gonna win big time, and the Jays were losers, and so on. And yep, you guessed it -- I spoke a little too soon. The Yankees were embarrassed to death by the Jays, the final score ended up being 14-3. Yikes. It was fun times anyways, but I STILL haven't seen the Yankees win in person.

No comments: