Sunday, October 26, 2008

life is a whirlwind

Or so it sometimes seems. Before I know it, 2008 will be gone -- Jamie said today this has been the fastest year ever. But we probably say that every year. I think the solution is to stop sleeping so much. Either that, or maybe we could petition to lengthen the days or months or something. Not that it would help -- we would just start dying at earlier ages. :)

I'm still waiting on results of my RN exam. In the meantime, I am hoping to secure a job sometime in the very near future so I will be able to work just as soon as they say I have passed (because I have, right??). Playing the waiting game has never been one of my strong points. :)

We just took a mini weekend trip into the US last weekend to see my little brother get married. We drove through Michigan to get to Indiana where he lives, and the fall colors were AMAZING. I think we were driving through there on the perfect weekend. I will have to make a separate post with all the pretty pictures I took. Anyways, Matt got married on October 17, and now I have a new sister-in-law Lauren -- yay!! Although we probably won't get to see them much -- boo! :( We WILL get to see some more family come the end of November, b/c we are going to PA for American Thanksgiving!! It will be our second Thanksgiving this year. Also, maybe I can do a little post-Thanksgiving shopping a la American tradition. So I really need to start hoping/praying that the exchange rate improves for such things. :-) Here's a pic of Lauren and Matt.


Our little church is in a transition period right now. Our pastor (a missionary church planter) is planning to leave and start another church in another area. So we are working through finding another pastor -- who knew that was such a job?? We had a guest preacher and his family in today, campaigning for the position. Okay, so campaigning is not really the right word -- just visiting and preaching and getting to know the people and seeing if it's a good fit for both him and us. Hopefully, everything will work out and we will get a new pastor who can continue to lead the ministry in our young church. Also, we are helping to get another new church started in the area, so that has been exciting. Their opening services are this week, and a bunch of us are going to go over and be a part of that.

I have really come to love the people at our church. Granted, everywhere you go, there will be a few "oddballs" or people you don't quite line up with. But mostly, our church has an amazing camaraderie and such a genuine friendship among the members. Jamie and I have both made some great friends there, even in our church "small enough to know everyone's middle name." :-) Eventually, we will be moving a little further north, and that will most likely move us to another church. It makes me a little sad to know that we won't have these friends so close at hand anymore. But the distance won't be too great, and I know we will make more friends. Hopefully the times we share together now and later won't be TOO few and far between. Sometimes it's really hard to coordinate everyone's hectic schedules (okay, pretty much all the time)!! But....friends are friends FOREVER if the Lord's the Lord of them. And for now, we are trying to make the most of the times we can actually get together. Of course, it doesn't help when certain people are moving to the other side of the country for 3+ months.........you know who you are!!! Hahaha.....

Will life ever slow down?? I doubt it. Do we want it to??

Well.........sometimes. :-)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey Girl, I use the Libby's pumpkin pie filling/mix. I hope that helps if not let me know. I hope you like it!

Kay said...

I just can't believe Matt is old enough to get married! haha... I feel like we're all still in the learning center! gahhh