Friday, November 21, 2008

spoke too soon??

Well, I complained in my post yesterday. And lucky me, the CNO just happened to be reading my blog, and sent the results to me straightaway!!

Haha, well, not really. They didn't really read my blog.

But I did get the results, and..........I PASSED!!!! Yippee!!!! I was a little nervous to open the envelope, but in the end, I just tore it open and then kinda peeked inside until I knew it was okay. And it was more than okay!!! It said something like, "we are pleased to inform you that your attempt at the examination was successful" or some fluffy garbage like that. :-)

But it's all good. Still need to do a little paperwork to make it official, but there will be no more studying exam questions and no more freaking out. Well, no more studying anyways -- I'll work on the freaking out thing. And now I get to sell my study guide on eBay, hopefully someone else will get as much use out of it as I did.

Anyways, all that aside, we had a really nice day. James and I are both off for the next three days, so it's always nice to have that time together. We went out and got the rest of the stuff we need for Christmas decorating and finished that up when we came home. I know, I KNOW, it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but we like our Christmas and we like our Christmas stuff and we like it up for a long time. So now the mantle and fireplace and doors and windows are all decorated, and it looks so so pretty.

Oh, and we also got to go out for a nice dinner to celebrate my (ahem) accomplishment. Just had to throw that in there again, in case you missed the first part of the post. Hahahaha...... :-)

On a side note and totally off topic, I took my cat to the vet today for her annual checkup and rabies vaccine. She has been eating diet overweight management food for a while now, and I didn't really think it was making much difference. I mean, she still felt like a ton of bricks when she would unceremoniously plant herself on the middle of my back while I was lying in bed. But, apparently, the food is doing the trick -- she weighed 17.5 pounds (I KNOW!) in March, and today she weighed 15.1 pounds. Yay!!! Just like that, in 8 months, she dropped 14% of her body weight. Ahhhh, if only I could do the same........

(Note to self -- eat 1/3 cup of nasty dry pellets two times a day for 8 months -- yeah, that actually probably WOULD do the trick.......)

6 comments:

Dear Abbi said...

Yay, congrats to you!! I noticed those words "We are pleased to inform you..." when Scott and I were nervously tearing open his PE test results too! I screamed when I saw them, I do believe. Congrats again!

Anne said...

Yay!!! That's so exciting:). And of course the results would come in after you post your anxiety on your blog:).

Loved your parting comment...:).

Amy Fichtner said...

Congrats on passing your tests!!!

Kristi said...

Congratulations!! Was there ever any doubt?

:)

~Kristi

Melissa said...

thanks, everyone!!

There was perhaps a small window of time when I freaked out and thought maybe I hadn't done as well as I thought. :0 Fortunately, it was a very small window lol. :)

Under Southern Skies said...

Congratulations! I don't know you personally, but I have been reading your blog. You have a really nice site! Feel free to stop by my blog anytime! :)