Monday, November 3, 2008

trying to keep up

So I'm not so good at the blog thing. Not really a surprise. The only thing I've really been able to keep up with in my life is my love of the Green Bay Packers. :-) Oh, and also my marriage -- that's a big one though!!

Sometimes I wonder about these people who post on their blogs daily, if not more often than that. I say kudos to them, since I certainly enjoy reading about their lives. But what fantastic time management skills they must have, something I have not yet learned. That's probably what my mom was trying to teach me as I holed up in my room reading and listening to music and wasting time as a teenager. :-)

James is still away, so I have even less motivation to do ANYTHING. Hence the reason it's 7:30pm, and here I sit in my PJ's and ponytailed, unwashed hair. But I AM doing laundry.....

Enough about my laziness.

Are we officially in the Christmas season?? Just when does that start anyways?? We've been listening to Christmas music in our house and in our cars for weeks now. It's kind of an obsession of ours -- never can really have enough!! And I think we're going to set up our tree soon!! That'll make our little space here seem much more homey. Hopefully next year, we'll have our own house with much more space to decorate as we please!! I didn't even put up a tree last year, since James was away for most of November and December, and we ended up going to PA to celebrate Christmas. One of our cats (the evil one) has never seen a Christmas tree, and I can only imagine the climbing and wickedness (and consequent disciplining) that will be coming once we put it up. Our other cat was around for one tree (2006) and she quite promptly claimed the tree skirt as her own personal blanket and mourned for days after we took it down. Cats.....

Election Day is tomorrow -- not really a big thing up here in Canada. Canada had their election a few weeks ago, without all the pomp and circumstance of the ridiculousness going on in the USA. I am definitely praying for all the goings-on of tomorrow. America needs God's help more than ever, no matter which of the candidates takes office (and I have a feeling it will not be the one I hope it will be). Thankfully, our God is bigger than the election, and He already knows exactly what will happen. No matter how scary things seem at times, it's really comforting to know everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is under His control.

I'll try to be a bit better about posting -- let's see if I can post every day this week!! Now that would be.....well, let's face it.....a MIRACLE. :-)

1 comment:

Anne said...

Gotta love Christmas music!!! Especially since I'm still wearing flip-flops:). It does kinda take away from "Jingle Bells" and the like though!