Thursday, January 1, 2009

and now.........2009!!!

Well, I didn't do so hot at posting in the last week of 2008. It seems like we are always doing something. And even when we're not, I don't feel like blogging. :-)

But here we are -- 2009, a brand new year. We had somewhat of an unceremonious start to the new year. No loud parties (a la Vasel style). No shrimp cocktail. No firecrackers. But we did have a very nice night, and I still haven't gone to bed. We were originally going to go to a party/get-together thing at church, but then at the last minute decided to go to a Toronto Raptors game with James' brothers instead. We can't say no to free tickets and food that is found only at sporting event concession stands. :-) So we rode the subway into downtown Toronto and watched the Raptors lose to the Nuggets. It was kinda fun and very non-stressful to go to a game where I didn't care who won or lost.

We got home around 11:30, and the boys decided to stay for a while. We watched the ball drop in Times Square (on TV, of course -- no quick commute to NYC this time :), and then played cards til about 3:30. On a side note, did you know that the ball that drops cost 5 MILLION DOLLARS?!?!?!? What a resourceful and budget-friendly way to spend money in these days of financial woe. Oh the priorities.

So it was fun and very low-key. Lots of laughing, and it's always nice to be with family. Someone said tonight (don't remember who) that family is over-rated. And I really don't think that's true. At least not for me. Family are the people who are always going to be there, good or bad. You're kinda stuck with them. And while you can't choose them, they can certainly be the best friends you ever know. I can't thank God enough for the wonderful family He has blessed me with. Also, I got a pretty great in-law family when I married Jamie. :-)

New year -- new things to come. At least one big change is in store -- we will be moving into our new house!!! Maybe a new job for me, and maybe other changes coming as well, who knows?? I am excited to see what this year holds. I am excited to be at this time in my life. I am excited that God has granted us another year, and excited to see what He will do in 2009.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

P.S. Resolutions, anyone??? I'm not sure I'll be cutting 10 inches off my hair again -- for the simple reason that I no longer have 10 inches to cut!!! Maybe by next year........ :-)

1 comment:

Jeanette "Frogster" said...

sweet - glad you had a good New Year's Eve! We spent ours without the kiddies, playing Balderdash and watching movies with Rachel and jeremiah.
Definitely low-key but tons of fun!