Monday, January 26, 2009

the hair chronicles

I'm still not really sure if I like my new haircut. Oh well, it will grow out in time, it always does. :)

I came home from work this morning and *tried* to dye my hair. I say TRIED, because one box of hair dye later, I still appear to have the same exact hair color as I did last night. Soooooo frustrating!!! I don't know what it is with my hair. In my freshman year of college, my roommate Liz dyed my hair red, but all it did to my hair was give it a faint strawberry hue. At the time, I thought it was because my hair was overly bleached and wouldn't hold the dye.

But now my hair hasn't had an ounce of dye in it for over four years, and still no luck. Does anyone have any ideas why my hair won't hold color?? Are there any tips or tricks I can try to get it to work?? The box said to leave it in for 25 minutes, or if you have "particularly resistant" hair, then for 35 minutes. I left it in for about 35 minutes, and I'm still my dark blonde self. Maybe I need to lighten it first and then try to darken it?? I don't know, I'm so confused!!

1 comment:

Kay said...

My hair doesn't hold color either. I dye it black and its only really black for 2 weeks, then its back to brown. I tried to dye it red, and it turned back to brown. I had it bleached and highlighted and it lost all color and was then a bronze color. I know the woes... I think I'm done trying. Maybe you could try black though???