Monday, January 12, 2009

house update

For those of you who are not Facebook junkies (not me, of course!!), I will post some pics of our ever-evolving house on here, too. Just yesterday, we stopped by after church and took a quick walk-through. It's so neat to be able to see where every room will be in real life, and not just on an architect's plan. The builders we are working with are great about letting you come whenever you want -- walk around, take pics, ask questions, whatever.

I'm thinking the visible progress on the house is going to come to a halt here shortly. I'm pretty sure the next things on the to-do list involve wiring and plumbing. Boring. Necessary, yes, but that's not exactly something I can take a picture of to put in the scrapbook. Oh well, closing day is coming soon, sometimes I can't believe just how soon. 108 days!! I think I'm going to start trying to organize things around here and clean as much as I can, so it won't be such a HUGE thing when we move. We'll see -- my ambitions have been lofty before. :-) Here are the pics. You can click them to make them bigger.

the foundation, December 5, 2008

framing started, January 2, 2009

more framing completed, January 6, 2009

the front of the house and first visit from the police, January 8, 2009 :-)
You can see a bunch more pics of the progress here on my Facebook page!!

2 comments:

Jeanette "Frogster" said...

wow - it's going up fast!

No No Nanette said...

thanks for your comment on my blog. I didn't realize my in-laws went to church with your parents.

Isn't building a house fun!? It is a bit overwhelming at the same time. We built our house 2 years ago.

Hopefully everything continues to go well for you.