Tuesday, February 24, 2009

long time no post

I guess I really haven't had anything to post about. So I didn't. :) However, life is good on the homefront, other than both cars needing repairs (VW) and some maintenance (Saturn). Actually, maybe they're both maintenance -- is replacing worn-out brakes considered maintenance?? All I know is it's not covered by the warranty. Oh well, it didn't stop us from making a little pit stop at Starbucks on the way home from the mechanic. :) :)

We also stopped at the new house after taking the VW in. Oh yeah, a side note on that -- $461 to fix the brakes at the dealer, and $250 to do it at our mechanic. Can we say the dealer is into a little bit of highway robbery?? I know their hourly labor rate is more expensive, but it shouldn't be more than $200 more!!

Anyways, the house...... It's looking great!! I haven't posted any updated pictures here in a while, so maybe I'll add one or two to this post. It's come along so far. All the dry wall is done, first layer of painting is done, and all the tiles are now in too!! I can't wait for all the cabinets and the rest of the flooring. Only about nine weeks now til closing!!

Hmmmm, what else?? I watched the Oscars on Sunday night at work. I know, I know, I'm pathetic. I also read gossip magazines on occasion -- so what?? :) :) However, on Sunday, I must have an extra-high dose of monthly hormones, b/c I even cried at one part. Yes, I know I'm admitting I'm even more pathetic. Anyways, Heath Ledger won a posthumous Oscar for his work in The Dark Knight. No, I didn't cry because he won (I was never exactly a huge fan of his). I also didn't cry because he died (yes, it's sad, but he overdosed -- he probably could have prevented that). I cried when his family came up to accept the award without him. They looked very upset, and I cry when other people are visibly sad. So there I sat, watching the Academy Awards, with tears rolling down my face. Complete dork-dom at its finest. :) :)

Oops, I forgot to mention that I was more than a little annoyed at Sean Penn's speech after he won his award. I fully understand that people have different views and beliefs on certain issues, but I don't think the time to push these causes is when you're supposed to be making an acceptance speech. Of course, what else could I expect when he had just won an award for his "excellence" in portraying a gay man.

(steps down from soapbox)

Ok, here's a couple pics of the house. Doesn't it look great??

1 comment:

Anne said...

Your house is looking good:).