Thursday, March 26, 2009

more job/interview drama

For someone who hates interviews so much, I sure seem to be going on a lot of them. And they don't seem to be getting any easier really. Oh well, I guess it's good experience. At least that's what everyone says. And "everyone" is always right, right?? :)

I don't really know what to think of this interview. I would love to get the position, but only God knows. I'd say my chances are about 50/50, and it probably depends a lot on the candidates they are interviewing next week. I would have to say that this was by far the most challenging interview yet. They asked lots of tough questions and wrote down pretty much every word I said. I was starting to feel a little overwhelmed by the questions, and pretty stupid really. I mean, come on, I'm a nurse -- I should know these things!!! I felt like crying, but willed myself not to. The interviewers told me to relax and that I was doing fine, but it just didn't seem like it at the time.

On the way home, I analyzed (over-analyzed?) everything I had said in my mind, and thought of about a bazillion other things I COULD have said and yet didn't. I beat myself up mentally for a while, and then decided it's out of my hands now. They said they would call towards the end of next week. And they are going to call either way, so at least I don't have to make myself sick over wondering whether the phone is going to ring.

Hmmmm, I just reread this post, and I sound like such a mental basket case. :-) And I guess that would be a pretty fair assessment.

Hopefully this will be the last interview for a while......

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey that analyzing/over-analzying part sounds just like something I would do...I think it is a "natural" thing though (for girls especially!)so don't worry about being a mental basket case...if that were the case, we'd all be in the insane asylum together!

I am sure you did great though :)