Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April showers blizzard??

Well, I haven't been blogging in a while.......

I haven't really had the time (started a new job) or the means (my computer bit the dust a few days ago). So now my computer time is relegated to when I'm home (rarely), when I'm awake (every now and then), and when my husband isn't using his computer (never). All this adds up to no blogging.

So I thought I would write a quick little post after he has gone to bed.

Yesterday was a gorgeous spring day. It was sunny and about 50 degrees or so -- perfect April weather. This morning, we woke up to blankets of white. My favorite precipitation had once again graced us with its presence. Quite apparently, spring has not sprung. At least not for good. It had to figure that there would be one more storm before winter could leave us for good. I just didn't expect it to this magnitude. I'm not sure how much snow we got all total, but I'm thinking it was at least six inches. Yippee. It just seems like you ESPECIALLY can't enjoy it when you thought it was gone for good. Ok, ok, who am I kidding?? I've never really enjoyed snow.....but much much much less so when it has already been "spring" for a good two and a half weeks. Thankfully, we hadn't gotten our snow tires taken off yet..... The coolest thing is that today was opening night for the Toronto Blue Jays. Too bad they have a retractable roof on their stadium or they might have gotten to play in the snow. :-) We're going to see them play tomorrow night, and I'm pretty sure it will be the first (and hopefully last) time I have to wear a snow suit to watch a baseball game.

In other news, I have started my new job, and I think I am really going to like it. Check back in six months, but I don't think I'll change my mind. The month of April is filled with more orientation shifts, working at my other job, and getting ready to move. Stick in a couple hours of volunteering here, and various frivolity there......it makes for a pretty busy month. But all is well.

As I mentioned earlier, my computer died the other day. As in, ceased to exist any longer. I guess we had a good run -- it was about 6 1/2 years old. It lived through 2 1/2 years of college, all our years of marriage up to this point, and a very nasty and debilitating liquid NyQuil spill that may or may not have been my fault. :-D She did good. I knew it was going to happen sometime soon, but I wasn't really prepared.......as in, I had none of my documents or music saved to external devices. At least I had most of my pics uploaded onto an external USB, so those are safe. I also wasn't prepared for Jamie to want to buy me a new computer right away. But apparently the idea of me using his computer for any length of time didn't sit well with him, so I am having a brand new laptop shipped to me sometime this month. Yay!!! It was an unanticipated expense for sure, but thankfully we were afforded an extra pay check this month which was able to cover it. Let's just make sure to keep the liquid cold medications away from my new baby. Which will be cherry RED, for those of you who were wondering........... :) :) :)

And so goes the life. I'll update on how the snowy baseball game goes. And I just happen to be off the entire Easter weekend, so here's to hoping the weather gets a lot sunnier and a lot less snowy!! I'll keep dreaming........

1 comment:

www.guccihandbagsoutlet.org said...

Noteworthy abercrombie fitch clipping details, little of course not on his shoulder, whether they are big fuss about hot inclined shoulder a word or Abercrombie Fitch 2011 quick cutting shoulder, 2010 chun xia are all-inclusive A&F Mens Classic Shirts million have, but also do with sound and color, shi to let A&F Mens Jeans everybody see the sexy shoulders amorous feelings. For wearer A&F Mens Fur Hoodies speaking, flesh proportioned shoulder of course