Friday, April 10, 2009

good GREAT Friday!!

Yes, today is Good Friday. Hmmm, I've always wondered about why it's called that. Let me Wikipedia that...... It seems to me that the day that people use as the date for the crucifixion of Jesus would not be considered a good day at all. I guess it is Catholic in nature. Me, I don't "celebrate" or really observe Good Friday in any way. I suppose this is because 1) it is a Catholic holiday, and 2) Jesus did not die on a Friday. I'm not going to get into semantics or arguments over this, but the Bible says Jesus lay in the grave for three days, and it also very clearly says that He arose from the grave on a Sunday morning. Therefore, Jesus quite obviously was not crucified on a Friday. But I digress...... Easter is the important holiday, perhaps the most important holiday we celebrate!! It is the day we remember and celebrate the resurrection of our Saviour, the One who died to give salvation to all who will receive it!!! So Easter, YES. Good Friday, not so much.

Anyways, I think it's a great Friday!!! The weather is supposed to be absolutely beautiful today and this weekend, and I don't have to go to work until Monday at 2:30pm!! So whatever shall I do with this freedom??

I think the "right" answer is to, ya know, clean up the house, do some laundry, and keep packing boxes for the big move. And maybe I will get around to some of that later today. But for now, there's a big sale at Michael's calling my name. And when Michael's calls, I come, usually running. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Me, I don't "celebrate" or really observe Good Friday in any way. I suppose this is because 1) it is a Catholic holiday"

Christmas is a Catholic holiday, too...